Glenelg Country School is seeking school nurse substitutes.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide primary health, first aid and emergency care to students; promote wellness and serve as a resource for health concerns in the school setting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered.
- Provides care for student and staff illness and accidents.
- Administers care based on individual health care plans and individual emergency care plans.
- Serves as liaison between the home and the school regarding student health concerns.
- Documents all encounters in GCS’s electronic health record, Magnus Health.
- Follows communicable disease control procedures and informs administration and/or parents regarding school exclusion and readmission.
- Follow all GCS COVID-19 policy and procedures.
- Hold current State of Maryland license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse; baccalaureate degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of current practices for common childhood illnesses and chronic diseases: Asthma management and inhaler/, diabetes, insulin pen and pumps, seizure management, severe allergy management and emergency medication administration (EpiPen, etc.).
- Experience in any of the following settings preferred: School nursing, pediatrics, community, or public health nursing.
- Current certification in first aid/CPR.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer and/or electronic health record skills.
LICENSING/CREDENTIAL AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Maryland State Registered Nurse License.
- Valid first aid/CPR certificate.
- State of Maryland fingerprint clearance and background check.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit frequently or for prolonged periods of time. Additionally, physical abilities include lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling, stooping/crouching, reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, and near/far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision
REPORTS TO: GCS Head Nurse